Andrew Murison has a Kevin Bacon number of 4. Although, admittedly, that’s this Andrew Murison, not the one writing here.
The idea with Kevin Bacon is that he is never more than six degrees away from anybody. With the real Andrew Murison (me) it goes like this:
1. I went to school with Jonathan Trott.
2. Jonathan Trott played cricket with Andrew Flintoff.
3. Andrew Flintoff is in A League of Their Own with James Corden.
4. James Corden was in Planet 51 with Gary Oldman.
5. Gary Oldman was in Murder in the First with Kevin Bacon.
That’s me, with a degree to spare. The hard part is finding your first celebrity link to Hollywood. But once you’re in there, Bacon is just around every corner.
The Oracle of Bacon
Anne Hathaway (shwing!) was in The Dark Knight Rises with Gary Oldman, who was in Murder in the First with Kevin Bacon.
Zach Braff was in Blue Moon with Kelly Bishop, who was in Queens Logic with Kevin Bacon.
Leon Schuster was in Kwagga Strikes Back with Ken Gampu, who was in The Air Up There with Kevin Bacon.
Give it a go, try find someone more than three, or even two, degrees away from Bacon.
Separately, I’ve been trying to think of a good nickname for Kevin Bacon. So far:
Sandwich, Andeggs, Porky, Crispy, Cheeseburger and K-Bake. It still needs work, I think.